Using this website
Information about us
www.rawlisonbutler.com is a website operated by Rawlison Butler LLP. We are a limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC318343. Our registered address is Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ. A list of our members’ names is available for inspection at that address, together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners. Rawlison Butler LLP is registered for the purpose of VAT in England and Wales (VAT number 209574255). As an English limited liability partnership we have “Members” not “Partners”. However, it is more usual for senior professionals to refer to themselves as “Partners” and we have retained this terminology to refer to a member of the LLP, or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing. However, any business conducted with us is with Rawlison Butler LLP only and not with any one person individually.
Rawlison Butler LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and subject to the SRA’s Code 2011. This Code can be found at http://www.sra.org.uk/handbook/. Each of Rawlison Butler LLP’s Partners and staff featured on this website are solicitors certified to practise in England and Wales, and subject to the SRA’s Code, except where otherwise stated. Rawlison Butler LLP is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 nor by the Financial Conduct Authority, but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.
Accessing our website
We do not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We do not guarantee that this website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
By accessing this website, you agree:
- that you are responsible for any information that you upload to our website and that we have a right to use, copy, distribute and disclose such information to third parties for any purpose;
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements relating to your use of this website and not to:
- use this website to distribute any information or data in contravention of any regulation or legislation (including, but not limited to, regulation or legislation governing financial services, money laundering or anti-terrorism)
- misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website
- attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack
- advertise or sell any goods or services to other users of this website, or to benefit commercially from website content and
- send unsolicited emails for advertising, market research or illegal or immoral purposes to the email addresses provided on this website. Unsolicited emails to Rawlison Butler LLP will not be considered confidential, may be disclosed to others, may not receive a response, and do not create a lawyer-client relationship with Rawlison Butler
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Accordingly, you must not:
- establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- establish a link to this website in any website that is not owned by you and
- frame this website on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of this website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of content on this website other than that set out above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in our website
Where this website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
No reliance on information
The content on this website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon. It is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal, business, financial or other professional advice or services. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website. If you need advice or services on a specific matter, please contact us directly using the contact details for the relevant partner or fee earner found on this website.
We regularly update this website but make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Please note that any of the content on this website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Rawlison Butler LLP for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate information on this website. Furthermore, Rawlison Butler LLP does not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this website must always be acknowledged. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this website.
You must not:
- modify paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or
- use any part of the content on this website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this website or any content on it, whether express or implied
- we will not be liable:
- to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, this website; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on this website
- for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
- for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on this website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If we have not met you, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 may apply. If they do, you have the right to cancel your instructions within 14 days of receiving our client engagement letter and these terms. You can cancel your instructions by any clear statement setting out your decision to cancel. Once we have started work on your matter, you may be required to pay reasonable costs for work done up to the point of cancellation.
Anti-bribery and corruption laws
We have anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures which apply to dealings by our Partners and employees with all third parties on our behalf. These policies and procedures prohibit the making, offering or promising to make a payment or transfer anything of value, including the provision of any service, gift or entertainment, on our behalf, by all such employees, for any improper purpose or business advantage. Broadly, money laundering can arise if a person acquires, retains, transfers, uses or controls the proceeds of a crime or the benefit of a criminal activity.
To ensure that we fulfil our obligations under applicable law we may be obliged to verify the identity of new clients, and in certain circumstances existing clients. In addition, our policies and procedures may require that we conduct background checks on new or existing clients. These may necessitate verification procedures of the identity and good standing of clients, one or more of their directors, employees or other representatives and the identity of their shareholders, beneficial owners, management, together with their directors or officers, related personnel and/or other relevant information, possibly including evidence of source of funds, at the outset of and possibly from time to time throughout our relationship with you.
Rawlison Butler LLP is committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care. If you are dissatisfied with any of the services that we provide to you, it is your right to complain. In compliance with our professional obligations, Rawlison Butler LLP has a formal complaints procedure, a copy of which can be provided upon request by emailing email@example.com.
Any dispute or claim between you and Rawlison Butler LLP arising out of or in connection with this website or its subject matter (whether allegedly contractual or non-contractual disputes and claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Users of this website do so on the basis that they thereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the purpose of any such dispute or claim.
If you have any questions or concerns about material which appears on this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.