International trade and FDI
Whether you are a UK business that is seeking new markets for your goods and services abroad or wishing to grow internationally, or an overseas business looking to establish in the UK, we are able to provide you with expert advice and support to enable you to achieve your aims.
What we do
For UK businesses wishing to operate or sell overseas, we work closely with the bodies such as UK Trade & Investment, as well as overseas law firms and other professional advisors, providing a seamless and high quality service.
For non-UK businesses looking to acquire a UK business or joint venture, to establish a UK presence or trading entity or to simply supply goods and/or services to UK markets, we are highly experienced and ideally placed to provide the necessary legal assistance, across a full range of areas.
Working with global and international businesses, and with UK businesses trading overseas, our experienced team can support businesses in trading beyond UK borders.
We can assist with:
- Co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional and cross border transactions
- International trade, including exporting
- International agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- International brand protection and intellectual property.
We also work closely with a number of trusted and experienced overseas advisers with whom we have developed excellent working relationships over many years who are able to provide the best advice for UK businesses trading globally.
Foreign Direct Investment
The UK remains a leading destination and centre for foreign direct investment (also known as inward investment), consistently out-performing its European neighbours with respect to the value of foreign direct investment coming into the country.
We advise and support overseas businesses looking to establish themselves and/or to invest in the UK. Operating from a convenient location close to London Gatwick Airport and with a broad range of language skills at our disposal, we are well placed to advise on and support inward investment opportunities.
We work closely with UK Trade & Investment and have excellent links with various government and regional trade and advisory groups (including Sussex and Surrey Chambers of Commerce and Gatwick Diamond Business).
We also have a valued and established network of professional advisers.
How we can help non-UK businesses
- Setting up a UK public or private limited company and/or corporate structure, or establishing a UK branch office
- Company and business acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures and other sources of investment
- Establishing business premises and negotiating leases or purchases of established premises or land for the construction of new build property, and any planning considerations or requirements
- Key commercial arrangements, such as supply, distribution and agency agreements, franchise agreements, terms of business (purchase and supply) and/or facilities management arrangements
- Employment advice with respect to management or personnel relocating to the UK/Europe, employing personnel and/or contractors within the UK/Europe, and continuing HR advice once established in the UK/Europe
- Dealing with the UK and EU authorities, including with respect to regulatory and competition law compliance, and other UK and EU requirements once trading, including data protection
- Safeguarding brand and intellectual property rights through registration, management, licensing and effective enforcement of its patents, trademarks, registered designs, etc. in the UK/Europe.